Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Living in the 70's

It was a decade of wide bottomed trousers, plaid pants, big hair, and even bigger soles on your shoes. It was 10 years where music transitioned from the ethereal sound of bands like Yes, or Asia or even Major Tom by Bowie through to the steady beat of the disco era and John Travolta strutting his stuff on Saturday night fever to the outrageous anarchy of the punk bands.

The 70's were a decade of transition, a decade of change, a decade that many look back to with nostalgia and many more look back to and try to forget. The 70's for me were a decade of transition when we made the move from rural Indiana to Belfast, Northern Ireland. When I made the move from the US public school system to the NI school system. It was a time of change.

Right now I have entered a new 70's phase - a decade that I haven't seen in a long time. The 70's I have entered is the 270's - pounds that is. I mentioned last time that I have dipped below the 280lb mark and it is official, this is the week I will reside in the 70's and maybe just for a little while next week too. I dont want to stay here too long though, while the 70's were fun, they were nothing to match the 60's and the wild time that was had by one and all then. So I am headed to the 60's, I am headed to a place I have not been in a long time.

I'll keep you posted on how that journey goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment