Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Monday, March 1, 2010

What a Shock!!

For those of you who have been following this challenge from the beginning, you will know that the inspiration for me starting this challenge came from a conference I attended in October 2009. I watched a young man recount his story of how as a young boy he was a sponsored child with Compassion International and how his sponsor faithfully wrote to him, encouraged him, supported him and now he was in training to return to his home village to help the people there. Moments later they brought out his sponsor and 10,000 people melted along with Jimmy as he openly wept with gratitude and thankfulness for this stranger who had supported him.



So fast forward to today and I am driving in my truck heading back from clinic listening to the podcast from the Catalyst team - Brad Lomenick and Ken Coleman - when they go to a piece where they talk about e-mails people have sent in. Ken begins to read an e-mail by an Associate Professor from Arlington, VA - IT WAS MY E-MAIL!!!

You can listen to the segment here I could not believe it. They want to put my Challenge on the catalyst web site and help me find the 210 sponsors!!! Unbelievable. Thank you God - this is going to be an awesome experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment