Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Friday, March 19, 2010

Pushing Through is Hard to Do

This past couple of months have been a very interesting time for me. I started this challenge full of excitement and hope. I joined the gym and started the process of rescheduling my time to spend less time in Panera Bread (a place I love to spend the day reading, praying and writing) and to spend more time in the gym shedding what I added from my time in Panera.

I had a reasonable idea what to expect with regards to the exercise part of this challenge and with the pain that would come with the workouts. I knew there would be a time when I would hit the wall, and training would be difficult. After all, this challenge really is a marathon and not a sprint. Well, the start of this week I hit a wall. Having had so many great weeks of training and weight loss, this week seemed to be one of those weeks when regardless of what I was doing the weight just wasn't dropping.

In hindsight, the murder mystery party on Saturday night with some great friends and the tremendous meal, which probably contained 2-3 days worth of calories, probably had something to do with the slowness of this week. I had a choice to make on Tuesday, push through or give up. Well, mama didn't raise me to be a quitter, so there was only one option - pushing through.

Wednesday became day one of the push. Early Wednesday morning I hit the gym for a good 90 minute session. A day of meetings followed and we ended the day with a 60 minute RPM class. The metabolism was rolling. Yesterday I planned to hit the gym after clinic but decided that spending time with my girls was more important. As we were driving to the park I remembered that Brad had a RPM class at the Crofton gym and with my wife's blessing I was in my second spin class of the week. To help keep things going I added an extra 250 calorie burn on the eliptical after the class, and then did a full shoulder/arm workout on the weights. Things are rolling now.

My goal for Saturday's weigh in is to be at or below 280lbs.

What are you facing that you need to push through? You can do it. It starts with the decision, then you take it one step at a time. Breakthrough will come.

I wanted to give a shout out to all those who have checked out this challenge having heard it on the Catalyst podcasts. Please send me a message or response to this blog to let me know who you are. I really appreciate teh support and I made a new friend in Sam Holmes this week.

So hit me up, friend me on Facebook, join the Cause, get involved. Push through.

No comments:

Post a Comment