Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Dare You to Move - See What Can Be Achieved

After a rough week of slowly diminishing weight, this week started off much better with some encouragement on Day One. After a busy morning in the clinic yesterday It was time to head to the gym. So, gym bag in hand, nice little parking space right in front of the door - which I should comment on.

Have you ever noticed how many people will circle the parking lot of their gym looking for a space that is as close to the door as possible - so they dont have to walk!!! Then they go into the gym, jump on a treadmill and run 5 miles - but, oh, those extra 30 feet of walking to the car would just be too much. I wonder if people who have to park really far away adjust their training schedule to accomodate this additional distance?

But I digress.


Feeling good, ready to spend some quality fat reduction time, I headed to the locker room, got changed, reached in my bag and found that my sneakers were missing - nowhere to be seen. Crap! I had left them at home. I looked at my shoe selection for the day and decided that while they may be suited for a nice walk around Allen's Pond, they would elevate me to the super dork category had I tried to wear them for my workout.

Nothing for it, got changed again, loaded up in my car, in the very close parking space, and headed home to retrieve my sneakers. Now came the decision - do I stay at home or go back to the gym? Hmmmm, decisions, decisions.

It had to be done - jumped back in the truck and went in search of that perfect space again - not so fortunate this time and had to park 50 feet from the gym door this time. Definitely need to reduce the resistance on the elliptical now.

Had a good work out - felt good the whole way through. Focused on cardio and then shoulders, chest and back exercises on the weights.

Most exciting news - did my post work-out weigh-in and passed a new milestone. The numbers before me were amazing - 279.6lbs. This journey will be a series of little successes, and getting under 280lbs is the latest in a long line of successes.

Over the next couple of weeks I will be increasing the challenge to you as to how you can get involved - and in particularly how you can get involved in helping rescue children with Compassion International.

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment