Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Friday, August 20, 2010

What's up with that?

Ok, I have posted pretty much every day this week about my P90-X experiences and have only one more session to do tomorrow before a rest day on Saturday. Then the joy will begin once more. I wont post every day next week unless there is something enlightening or amusing to report, as otherwise it will be more posts with me just whining about how sore I am.

I do have one little issue I think is worthy of some words though. Last week, when I returned home from my vacation, I went to the gym to resume my workouts and weighed in at 244lbs. Pretty respectable if you ask me. I have been maintaining my good eating habits and even added a little more spinach than the previous weeks and so, after a week of P90-X I jumped on the scales to see where we were at. I couldn't believe what I was reading. Instead of 24lbs the scale stood glaring back at me with a number that read 245lbs!! What is up with that?? I am not too sure what is going on, but have you ever watched the Biggest Loser and one of the contestants had been working out all week and never lost a thing? Well, that is me this week. To be honest it is a little frustrating, but I can only think that my body is in shock with the transition to P90-X that it is thinking the world is about to end so it cant afford to shed any more weight as it might need that stuff to get me through this apocalypse.

Well, today was legs and shoulders - or lunges and pull-ups day - and the legs are tired and sore and the shoulders are still not speaking to me. I am sure I will feel this one tomorrow, but then I get to jump out of bed and do something called Kenpo - whatever that is. I had better go watch that DVD to see what is in store for me tomorrow.

Until next time when I check my weight again, everyone think 'light' thoughts so I can shed a few more pounds and inspire more people to sponsor kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment