Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Monday, April 19, 2010

Major Update - You Dont Want To Miss This!!

Last Saturday saw the culmination of the twelve week long Gold's Challenge, which I joined back in January to provide some encouragement and accountability for me with my challenge. When we started this adventure they took a series of measurements and a couple of photos. This past Saturday they took more photos and re-measured me. Do you want to know the scores so far?

Ok, so here is where we have come.

Initial weight = 314lbs -:- Present weight = 267lbs -:- total loss = 47lbs

Measurement around stomach = dropped 7 inches in girth

Measurement around waist = dropped 3 inches in girth

Measurement around thigh = dropped 3 inches in girth


You want to see some photos?

Here we go






NOW THE MOST EXCITING NEWS SO FAR!

This challenge has not been a simple weight loss adventure - it has a much more important challenge - to see 210 children sponsored through Compassion International. On Sunday April 18th at Mt Oak Fellowship we had our Compassion Sunday services. I had asked Compassion to send em child sponsorship packets for children in El Salvador who are in need of sponsors. They sent me 70 packets.

We held our two services, with the wonderful David Burke as our guest speaker and through the grace of God and the generosity of our congregation, 69 out of the 70 packets were taken home by people with the intent of sponsoring these children.

THAT IS AMAZING!!!

I am sure that there may be a few packets returned next Sunday, but our congregation has been inspired and they stepped up this past Sunday to rescue children from poverty.

If all 70 of these children are sponsored then I am 1/3 of the way to achieving my sponsorship goal. WOW! That is amazing.

When I started this challenge I set my sights big - lose 100lbs and inspire 210 people to sponsor children. I am nearly half way there on the weight loss and 1/3 of the way there on the sponsorship. This is a time for celebration, but also a time to push through to the end and see both goals met.

If you would like to support this cause and sponsor a child then follow this link (http://www.sponsorshipchallenge.org/210in2010) and take a step towards rescuing a child from poverty today.

No comments:

Post a Comment