Posts on My Other Blog - "When Inside Voices Come Out"

Join the Cause - or Donate Today

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stuff 90X - I Need To Lose Some Weight!!

So, after a furious bout of writing for my other blog, and a Sunday morning sermon shared with my beautiful wife, I am back in the gym and hitting the cardio harder than ever. I recently blogged about my venture into P90X and to be honest, I may pick it up again. However, I have become one of the millions who started the program and stopped it, but probably one of the few who have stopped because they were not losing enough weight.

When I began P90X I was hoping that it would be the workout that would take me through the end of my challenge and help me achieve my goal. Sadly, even though they were awesome workouts, my weight loss stalled at 40,000 feet. I needed to jumpstart everything again and this week decided that I would increase my workout to a daily 1000+ calorie burn workout with a heavy emphasis on the cardio aspect but still working to include as much weight work as possible.

What a week it has been! So far I am on track with this new plan and so far the weight loss has begun again. Woohoo!! I have a little over 20 days to go and about 29lbs to lose, which, to be honest is not really healthy, but I am going to give it my best shot.

I would also like to re-issue a challenge to all my readers (well both of you) that you consider sponsoring a child through Compassion or, if you already do, then that you would take the challenge to find a sponsor for a child among your friends. I would love to reach my goal of weighing 210lbs by October 20th 2010, but I would even more like to achieve my goal of inspiring the sponsorship of 210 kids.

Next week is the Catalyst East Coast leadership conference in Atlanta GA and there will be approximately13,000 pastors and leaders in attendance. I have volunteered to help out at the Compassion International booth while we are there and I am still hopeful that my story will be told from mainstage during one of the sessions. At this point, my part in this adventure is to continue to work as hard as I can to try to reach my weight, I know that God asked me to step into this adventure and the care of the children and the challenge of sponsorship is something that He can do. I covet your prayers and encouragement for the next few weeks.

If anyone is interested in joining me and Julie on a little celebration meal at the end of this month then start setting some money aside as I have my eyes set on Fogo Du Chao in DC for a night of belly busting food. Just let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the Compassion booth! i just love working events promoting Compassion!

    ReplyDelete